Singing Saw Press will be accepting visual art and text submissions for issue two of Parallax from August 15 – September 15. Because Parallax is a folio of collaborative work, we are looking for contributors who are excited about engaging with work from a different genre, from possibly unfamiliar artists or poets, and who have the flexibility and time to participate in a thoughtful shared process. In addition to the guidelines below, please include several sentences about your interest in cross-genre collaboration, and what type of collaboration you are interested in. If you would like to build something from the ground up (which we’d love), or want to respond to an image, then we will consider your submission as a work sample. If you have a particular piece you’d like another contributor to use as a point of departure, then we’d be happy to consider the submitted pieces for the issue itself.
– Please send up to five poems in a single document to SingingSawPress [at] gmail [dot] com
– Keep in mind that the finished broadside will be 11X17”, and poets should limit the length of their work to a size that will be easily legible.
– Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know when work has been accepted elsewhere.
– please send up to five digital images to SingingSawPress [at] gmail [dot] com
– images should be sent as separate high quality jpgs, at least 300 ppi, black and white or full color are both fine
– keep in mind that the finished broadside will be 11X17″, and the image should therefore be appropriate to this size.
We look forward to seeing your work!